ServisBOT Messenger is the default engagement adapter for endpoints. When creating an endpoint, unless the engagement adapter is set to something else, the bot will be available through our messenger.
You can restrict where your messenger can be displayed by providing a set of domains. When developing on a site locally, it might be helpful to add
http://localhost:3000 depending on your local settings.
Many aspects of our messenger can be changed without any code. Things like the colors for the bot rondel, messenger, and timeline elements and text can be changed.
- Your messenger will inherit the default messenger style from our platform, unless you have something set up in your organization configuration with is available in the
- Your individual endpoints will inherit your organization style setting unless it has explicit styling configured
The icon in the roundel can be customized by purchasing an add-on. Reach out to your customer success representative to get started.
Basic Messenger Styling
- Customize a messenger to match your brand, navigate to the “Endpoints” section of this portal.
- Select the default endpoint or endpoint for the bot you want to style.
- You can alternatively get to an endpoint page by navigating to your bot’s
resource tab and clicking on the
settings link of the endpoint’s card.
- You will then be able to give your messenger a title, subtitle, logo and background image.
- the Logo’s max height is 34px tall. The logo will stretch to fill a maximum of 140px but it is recommended you keep the logo less than 80px in order to not conflict with other styling. Supported files include JPG, PNG and SVG.
- The recommended size for the messenger background is 350px wide by 544px tall. Supported files include PNG and JPG
- By scrolling further down, you will see a preview of messenger and color configurations to the left. You can change the colors of different elements of messenger and see what they look like before saving your changes.
- To save your changes and apply this design to the selected bots messenger, select the “Save” button found in the bottom right-hand corner.
Further customization can be to the messenger using custom CSS. You can do this by initiating messenger with
customStyling. Read More
Custom Icons in the Rondel
When custom roundels are enabled for your organization, the endpoints and organization config will have additional fields that can have a custom logo uploaded. SVG format with a solid color is recommended.
See here for details on how the ServisBOT V2 Messenger redacts sensitive data from messages: